- Database services
- IT services
- Why WellData?
- About us
- Contact us
WellData is seeking a talented system administrator to manage database, application and web hosting infrastructure for their clients.
Based in our offices in Kingston upon Thames, you’ll play a key role in managing and supporting our clients. You will be tasked with pro-actively managing these infrastructures. Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, a penchant for security and expert-level system administration skills.
WellData, established in 1999, is a market leader in the provision of database, server and application support, providing essential core services to our clients, including many household names in both the public and private sectors.
WellData is experiencing rapid growth and we need to maximize all our opportunities by investing in, and strengthening our technical support teams. As part of this effort, we are expanding our infrastructure support team.
Your work will include recommending, upgrading and maintaining current Linux systems and network security, amongst other things. There are many opportunities for career progression and we are seeking someone who is willing to learn and able to operate in a pressured, but ultimately fun and exciting environment.
The company prides itself on fostering talent and being the best in the field and seeks to invest heavily in training and staff development.
• Provide Proactive Sysadmin Support for our clients.
• Prioritise faults and requests to meet customer demands and SLAs.
• Work within a Quality Management System.
• Good Documentation skills and recording of work.
• Attendance at client sites as required.
• Represent us in a technical role in discussion with clients.
• Carry out duties as directed.
• Participate in a 24/7 roster system.
• At least 5+ years of Linux system administration
• Understanding of and an ability to implement, internal system standards, procedures and services.
• Linux Adminstration (LAMP, Centos, Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.)
• Experience with load-balancers and highly available systems.
• Scripting Skills (*SH, Python, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of version control.
• Network & System Security.
• Understanding of major system components (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, etc.).
• Construct Job Control Language (JCL) or scripts for processing of workloads by system.
• Assist in daily support of the systems/products assigned, through early detection and pursuit or changes in system responses or operation.
• Diagnose system performance problems. ? Perform online system functions to assist with tasks encountered in execution of daily responsibilities such as utility functions and editing of files.
• Ability to develop lists/scripts for execution of commonly used processes and automation of simple tasks.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluent in both written and spoken English
• Ability to communicate clearly at a technical and end-user level
• MySQL administration & tuning. We have a replicated MySQL setup, and we’ll want you to hit the ground running
• Cloud hosted infrastructure experience (AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud)
• Any exposure to Oracle / MSSQL database products would be advantageous
We offer a highly competitive salary and staff benefits including:
• Generous Pension Contributions
• Income Protection/Life Insurance
• 5 Weeks’ Annual Leave
If you feel this is a role for you, in the first instance please send a CV, details of current salary and covering email.
Due to the anticipated high response to our advert please note only successful candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
Press enter to search or click the icon.